FRANKFORT, Ky. (KT) - A gas leak led to the evacuation of about 400 in downtown Frankfort, the State-Journal reported.
Around 11 a.m., the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet building on Mero Street was evacuated due to a gas leak.
Frankfort Fire Chief Wayne Briscoe said the gas leak occurred when a subcontractor broke a 3-inch gas line at the corner of Lewis Street and Mero Street.
Once the gas leak was discovered, the gas was shut off. Evacuated people were sent to Memorial Baptist Church, the newspaper said.
Around 11:45, the all clear was given, and people were allowed back into the building.
Congestion in the area is expected while the gas line is repaired.